Monday, July 18, 2011

IMM: A week behind

This week was rather random, with books ranging from a sort of dystopia to contemporary to time travel. This week is also unique because (since I haven't posted an IMM in a couple weeks) I've actually read all these books. So I'll be able to tell you why I read these books, and a little bit about how I liked them.


I had high hopes for this book. The whole idea of an asteroid hitting the moon and throwing everything off sounded really interesting to me. Unfortunately, this book just felt boring and I had to force myself to finish it. 


This book, the companion novel to Life as We Knew It was slightly more interesting. Same premise, but since it was set in NYC it had a little more action. 

This story, about two girls who used to be friends but now are enemies, singing against each other in a prestigious competition, was much better than I expected. Sara Bennett Wealer is a masterful writer and I thoroughly enjoyed this story, even though I'm normally not a contemporary fan. 

Sadly, I didn't finish this book. I read the first couple chapters and didn't care for it at all. It felt just like what they're doing on Doctor Who with Riversong, only it wasn't near as cool. The writing threw me off, the characters seemed flat... I'm not going to write a review for it, since I only read about fifty pages, but I wasn't enjoying it at all.

So, that's what I got in my mailbox this (or rather, last) week. Have you read any of these books? Do you have them on your To-read list? Also, do you like it when I do IMM for books I've already read, or would you rather have me do it before I read them?

No comments:

Post a Comment