Monday, July 25, 2011

IMM: Week of Dystopia (again!)

Anyone who's been reading this blog for awhile will know that I love dystopia, so I was super excited to have a week of virtually all dystopia, as well as a random contemporary and a paranormal romance thrown in there for some variety. Like last week, I've actually already read most of these books but I'll do the IMM post anyways. :)

I really didn't know what to expect from this book, and even a week after finishing it I'm still not sure what I though about it. It was both disgusting and completely scary... I don't regret reading it, but I won't read it again.

I did a First Impression post on this awhile back, and after some though I've decided not to read it. I was never too keen on the paranormal romance aspect, and I really don't care for the writing. I don't have enough time to waste on a book I don't think I'll like. 

This book is almost like someone decided to write a combination of my favourite genres: dysopia, Sci-fi, mystery... I absolutely loved the plot. A new favourite. 

I read this virtually in one sitting since it's so short. It wasn't as good as I was expecting, but Gayle Foreman is certainly a good writer and I look forward to reading Where She Went.

After enjoying Incarceron I'm looking forward to reading this sequel. I've read the first fifty pages and I think the beginning is even better than the previous book. I just hope the plot twists hold up. 


So, there you  have it. None of these are absolute favourites, but Across the Universe was quite good and I have high hopes for Sapphique. Have you read any of these books? Do you want me to post a review for any of these soon?

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a review both of 'Across the Universe' and 'If I Stay'. I love your reviews soo much, because you review it from a Christian perspective, and I haven't been able to find anyone else who does that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't like The Body Finder? I thought it was pretty good. I'm not a fan of paranormal romance at all but I definitely wouldn't put this book in that genre. Its more of a paranormal mystery thriller with some romance thrown in. However I absolutely LOVED Across the Universe and If I Stay. Bumped was weird but overall I liked it.

    ReplyDelete